Saturday 11 February 2012

The Bane of Sizes...

"Size matters not. Look at me, judge me by my size do you, hmm? And well you should not, for my ally is the Force and a powerful ally it is." - Yoda, Star Wars

AS mentioned previously that I'm taller and bigger-built than most Asian females, finding shoes will be quite a problem for me in Japan. My shoe sizes vary between 38 to 40 or 7 1/2 to 8 depending on the shoe design and whether I purchase from an American or European brand.

According to my mom (she's taller than me), the largest female shoe size available in Japan does not fit her. She's about a shoe size larger than me. According to my 先生, some malls will have a level that caters to bigger / taller people.

Either way, shoes are an important part of my wardrobe especially for work. If you're as anal as I am about co-coordinating your outfits and have similar shoe sizes as me, I suggest getting versatile pairs in your home country before moving over.

The following is a size chart for Ladies Shoes & Apparel that I re-did from the one 先生 gave me, as the original was all in Japanese.


The International Shoe Size Conversion Chart includes conversion for Men & Children too. There is another link in that website that converts Clothing sizes as well, unfortunately Japanese clothing sizes were not included in the conversion table.

Here's one I found from Misawa Air Base on USA - Japan: Clothing Size Conversion Chart for Men, Women & Children.

No comments:

Post a Comment